Tuesday, March 3, 2015

New department

03.03.2015

Moving to a new department is always stressful.

How is the chief of the department? How are the colleagues? What kind of nursing staff is there in this department? What about the patients and the work load?

I woke up earlier than usual today. I have to reach work earlier than usual. You cannot be late on the first day in a new department. Well, I'm usually never late for work but each time I change a department or I move to another hospital I have to be there like 15-20 minutes earlier. Since it is such a big hospital with all the security and everything, it took me a while to find the chief's office. To add to my miseries, you need the magnetic card to open all the doors in my way. Since it is my first day, I obviously did not have any access card and had to wait at each and every door for someone to open them for me.



I finally reached the chief's office. She greeted me in a very professional way. She is not known to be
a very strict lady. She is not married. They say that she loves her work so much that she did not let other things like marriage get into her way. It is also rumoured that a doctor fell for her some 30 years ago. He is now a professor in another department, still a bachelor.

I entered into the department with a smile on my face, trying to mask my anxiety. No one cared to greet me. They are so busy finishing the patients' files and finalizing some studies that they did not notice that I was there standing...

It'll be hard in this department. Hopefully things will improve.
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2015 Life of a doctor • All Rights Reserved.
back to top